Why Gold Is Better Than Silver? 

If you are looking for the best kind of jewelry for yourself or that special someone, then you’re in the right place. Here’s an idea: why not get gold jewelry? It’s actually better than silver (and we’ll list a few reasons why). 

There are different types of jewelry out there with all kinds of gems and metals. But which one stands out better in terms of looks? Which is more valuable?

If there is one precious metal that tops them all in both categories, it’s gold. If you are wrestling with a decision between gold and silver, keep reading. Now, let us state our case as to why gold is better than silver:

  • It’s more durable

If you are looking for something that can stand the test of time and plenty of abuse, gold is perhaps one of the better options. That’s because gold is hard to scratch or tarnish. However, silver is durable enough for everyday wear. But silver can tarnish if it doesn’t get taken care of well enough. 

  • Easier to care for

When it comes to caring for your jewelry, you’ll need to be really careful with silver. You’ll need to polish the silver a certain way. Plus, you’ll need to use a soft cloth while applying little pressure when wiping off tarnish or cleaning it in general. With gold, you can clean it with warn, soapy water or with a polish using a special cloth. 

  • It’s more stylish

When it comes to looks, it’s hard to tell who wins out between gold vs silver. But gold is a bit more stylish due to its yellowish color and the shine it provides. So if you want something that will look great when the light shines off of it, gold might be a bit more eye-catching compared to silver. 

  • More purity

Sterling silver comprises of 92.5 percent silver. The remaining 7.5 percent is made up of various alloys. With gold, it’s more pure compared to silver. And the purer the metal is, the more valuable it is. 

While we’re on the subject, you’ll notice the number markings on pieces of gold and silver. For example, the “925” engraved on most silver jewelry represents the 92.5 percent of sterling silver. If you see something like “18” or “18K”, that indicates the number of Karats that piece of gold jewelry has.

The more pure the gold or silver is, the more valuable it can be. And it might be the most valuable piece of jewelry that you just can’t put a price on.

  • It’s worth more

When it comes to how much it’s worth, gold holds that advantage over silver in terms of weight. An ounce of gold will be worth more compared to an ounce of silver. It all comes down to one thing: density. 

This doesn’t just apply to jewelry. Gold coins are more valuable and worth more in price compared to silver.

Final Thoughts

If you are looking for jewelry that will make the perfect gift or for yourself, gold wins out over silver. It’s worth more, looks better, and holds more value over sterling silver any day of the week. Plus, it can look good on you (or that special someone).

Whether it’s just gold or includes additional gems, your gold jewelry will stand out better than ever. It’s perfect to wear no matter what time of day or it is or whatever the setting may be (like at the office or a formal event). Find the kind of jewelry you like and it can even last you a lifetime (especially when it’s made of gold). 

Comments are closed.